- This tutorial shows you how to play Playstation 1 games on your wii using WIISX, and install it as a channel.
You will need basic PC skills to copy\rename files correctly from a rar file to you SD Card.
- You will need to download WIISX here. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5X6TLN8S
- Extract the files to your SD card, follow the directory structure you see in the .rar file, a good idea is to extract the files to your pc first then simply copy the folders over to your SD Card (X being your sd card in this example)... So copy \apps\wiisx to x:\apps\wiisx on your memory card
Copy PSXISOS to the root of you SD card, X:\PSXISOS
Copy wad\WiiSX Full-WISX.wad into X:wad\WiiSX Full-WISX.wad you need this file to install wiisx as a channel on your WII.
Now that is done insert your SD card into your WII, Startup the homebrew channel.
- Start up WAD MANAGER 1.7, if you do not have wad manager 1.7 you may get an error when installing wiisx.wad,
Only do this if you get an error installing WIISX: download wadmanager 1.7 here. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WCGKHQF8 . Extract this file to your PC. Rename the file WAD-MANAGER_v1.7.dol to boot.dol. Copy boot.dol to X:\apps\wad manager V? this will replace the old version of wad manager and it will now be version 1.7
- The first prompt in WAD manager will ask you which IOS you want to use. Leave this at IOS 249.
- The second will ask SELECT NAND Emulator device leave this at disable (for v1.7 wad manager only)
- Third will be select source device this will be WII SD SLOT
- You will now be in a filebrowser scroll down to the WAD folder and press A.
- Scroll down until you are on WiiSX Full WISX.wad and press A.
- Press A again to install.
- It should install correctly and give you confirmation, exit to your wii system menu and you should see the WiiSX channel.
- Now this website is a good place to download PS1 games http://www.emuparadise.org/Sony_Playstation_ISOs/2
- Once you download the games you need to copy the files to the PSXISOS folder on your SD card
- When WiiSX starts up it will ask you to select controller type, I always select A for standard
- It will also ask you to select Core Type, I select X for Dynarec.
- If you copy your games correctly to your SD card you should see nameofgame.img, you need to select this file to start the game. I have tested this with a few games, Metal Slug X, Marvel VS. Capcom, Crash Bandicoot, Crusader: No remorse, and all the games run fine, some seem to run a bit slower like Marvel Vs. Capcom. This program is still being worked on so it is not perfect. Also you will need a large memory card as alot of games are 600mb.
-Note: Sudburymods.com does not take responsibility for anything that happens when you follow these instructions. If you are not sure or do not understand we will gladly do it for you.
Would you like your WII to be modded?
$60 - Get your WII fully softmodded. Any version even 4.3, Comes with all of the following.
- Backup of your NAND so you can restore your system in case of an emergency.
- BOOTMII or PRIILOADER installed to safely restore your WII with the backup of your NAND.
- Latest version of Neogamma installed as a channel
- Latest version of USB LOADER GX so you can play games off of an external HDD..
- You will also need to provide an SD card around 1 - 2 gigs in size
- After sales support to help with new titles.
With the right instructions you can get it working also. :)